Clifton Park NY Homes for Sale
Springtime is almost here so I thought it would be a good time to provide a "to-do" list to anyone thinking about putting their Clifton Park NY home on the market this spring. It may look like a long list, but I have expressly created this list with the assumption that we are working with a minimal budget. It would just be too easy for me to suggest that "everything" gets replaced.
The list begins outside the home because first impressions are EVERYTHING!!! If a Clifton Park NY buyer isn't thrilled with what they see as soon as they pull up to the house, then they will have a real hard time warming up to anything that isn't perfect inside the home.
1) Make sure your mail box is freshly painted and that the post is clean and plum.
2) Make sure your front door is clean or freshly painted, the hardware is spotless, and any glass panels are free from paint over-runs or stickers.
3) Light fixtures on the porch need to be clean and updated. The old oxidized polished "brass" fixtures gotta go!!! If you have a lamp post in the the front yard, a fresh coat of paint will also make a big difference.
4) Trim those bushes WAY BACK and make sure you have fresh mulch put down.
5) The front porch should be free of decorations and personal belongings.
6) A freshly sealed driveway also makes a HUGE difference when potential buyers first pull up to a home.
As we move inside your home, the overriding theme should be "less is more".
Also, we want to let the light POUR into the home. Even if you like to live in privacy or darkness, we have to let the light pour into the home when it is being shown because this provides a feeling of warmth and all that light will make your rooms feel larger.
7) Replace, wash, and/or spot treat all of your door mats.
8) Replace all your light bulbs with the maximum wattage bulbs permitted by the individual fixtures. Please do not overload a fixture as this may create a fire hazard. Wash all of the light fixture lenses, globes, or diffusers.
9) Remove as much of your personal property as possible by cleaning out closets. Pack anything that you haven't used in 3 months. Think about it; I've got a linen closet full of towels and sheets and we only use towels from one shelf and I'm sure we still have crib sheets in there from when the kids were babies!!!
10) Remove all your knick nacks and as much artwork as possible. Each wall only needs a picture or two.
11) Wash doors, windows, blinds, curtains, light fixtures, ceiling fans, baseboards, and trim.
12) Wash under your refrigerator and behind your stove. Clean the insides of both thoroughly.
13) Remove as much of your decorative furniture as possible. A guest bedroom should be simply furnished with a bed, 1 dresser, and 1 nightstand at most. If your guest room has more furniture than this, move the extra pieces to the basement.
14) Does your teenager daughter have a hot-pink bedroom? Does your teenage son have a dark brown or black room? Sorry kids, these have to get painted a fresh neutral color!!!
I hope this list helps you maximize the sale price on your home and minimizes your days on market.
For a free no-obligation consultation and market analysis of your Clifton Park NY home, please call today 518-281-3951.
National Advertising, Local Solutions
Lewis Beynon, REALTOR, Prime Property Solutions, LLC
FREE Home Search at www.LewisB.com
Serving Raleigh NC and the Greater Triangle Region
Lewis Beynon, Broker
Norris Team of Century 21 Triangle Group