Clifton Park NY - Greyhound Rescue of Clifton Park New York
Greyhound Rescue of Clifton Park New York is always looking for good foster homes within 25 miles of Clifton Park NY. Listed below are a few guidelines that should be considered before thinking about becoming a foster home to one of these great pets:
- A good foster home shouldn't have children under 5 years old.
- A good foster family should be able to attend all of the meet and greet events.
- A good foster family should have previous experience in working with greyhounds or plenty of experience working with canines.
- The greyhound will be coming to your home straight from the track. As such, greyhounds have never lived outside the track environment and will need to learn basic skills that are taken for granted. They will need to learn:
- How to climb up and down stairs.
- Windows are solid and they can't run through them.
- Not to chase your other pets like a cat.
- Mirrors are not another greyhound.
- Foster pets will need to be crated until they become comfortable with their new home. This is preferred since they have spent most of their lives living in crates they actually seem to prefer this as it makes them feel secure in their new environment.
- Greyhounds are bred to run, so they must be in a fenced yard and ALWAYS on a leash when outside the fenced yard.
If you would like more information on becoming a foster family to a greyhound please visit Greyhound Rescue of Upstate New York at their Web site http://greyhoundrescueofny.com
Lewis Beynon, REALTOR, Prime Property Solutions, LLC
Serving Clifton Park and the entire Albany NY Capital Region
Phone: 518-281-3951 Email: LewisB@nycap.rr.com
FREE Home Search at: www.LewisB.com
Serving Raleigh NC and the Greater Triangle Region
Lewis Beynon, Broker
Norris Team of Century 21 Triangle Group